Wim Hof breathing technique boosts the immune system by increasing the production of white blood cells that are responsible for fighting off infections and illnesses. This is thought to be achieved by triggering the body’s production of adrenaline and noradrenaline, hormones that play a role in the immune response. The deep breathing and hyperventilation involved in the technique also increases circulation, bringing more oxygen and nutrients to the immune system’s cells.
We recommend practicing right after waking up while fasting, or before a meal when your stomach is still empty. You may feel tingling in the hands, feet, or face. These side effects are completely harmless. But, if the sensation of light-headedness gets too intense, just pause until you feel settled and then continue. Listen to your body and go with the flow.
Just follow the steps below:
1) Inhale deeply through the nose or mouth, and exhale unforced through the mouth, letting the air out. Fully inhale through the belly, then chest and then let go unforced. Maintain a steady pace and fully utilize the diaphragm. Repeat this 45 times.
2) After the last exhalation, inhale one final time, as deeply as you can. Then let the air out and hold for as long as you can without force. Hold until you feel the urge to breathe again.
3) When you feel the urge to breathe again, draw one big breath to fill your lungs. Inhale to full capacity. Feel your belly and chest expanding. When you are at full capacity, hold the breath for around 15 seconds, then let go.
4) Repeat this process for 5 times!
5) Close your eyes, relax and go with the flow! 🙂
It’s normal to feel tingling sensations in your hands, feet, or face, but if you feel light-headed, take a break and continue when you feel comfortable. Always listen to your body and go with the flow.
#BreathTechnique #WimHofBreathing #BreathingExercises
Wim Hof Breathing Technique – 5 rounds Guided
[00:00] 1st: 2 minutes holding
[04:50] 2nd: 2 minute and 30 seconds holding
[09:56] 3rd: 3 minutes holding
[15:34] 4th: 3 minutes and 20 seconds holding
[21:41] 5th: 3 minutes and 40 seconds holding
[28:30] 2 minutes for meditation
[30:40] Subscribe, like & share!
IMPORTANT: Do this breathing technique in a comfortable seat—either in a chair or on cushions on the floor. Do not do this practice before or during diving, driving, swimming, taking a bath or any other environment/place where it might be dangerous to faint!!!
Notice of Non-Affiliation and Disclaimer:
MEDIT-O-RAMA is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with the Wim Hof, The Wim Hof Method, Innerfire BV, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.